JBL L300 - true myth?

I'd like to ask if some can write his opinion on this speakers,I had a chance to listen and recommened .
I understand they working great with powerfull tube amp...especially with Mcintosh -is that true?
it's look the components are really good Alnico drivers special tweeters,horns...but woofers made of carton?is that a problem with today standards?
Is the old fashion crossover need upgrade ?

Thanks
scubidubi
If any of you really know anything about jbl speaker’s, there is one model line under the radar that in my opinion makes the models above sound like garage audio, the JBL L7 speaker’s are incredible, sold first pair to move to so called uber expensive speaker’s, only to recently to buy another pair in mint condition with the original plith’s that go under them, these are biamping 4 way speaker’s that do true 30htz to 27khtz , placement is very difficult, I run a modified krell 700cx amplifier with dedicated lines and 30 amp single pole breaker for the amplifier, running direct a Vincent cd-s7 tube/sold state hybrid digital player modified, taralab’s omega gold speaker cable’s, omega jumper cable’s, zero gold interconnect balanced, furutech ncf gtx-rhodium outlet’s through out, taralab’s 3ft cobalt power cord with oyaida termination’s on it, room is 14 by 26 ,, very little natural room treatment, this rig sings!, I also just bought the L1 book shelf speaker’s to play with on my other systems, love em!, btw, these are the last extreme high-end dynamic, none horn speaker’s jbl has made!, this is my  avatar picture, enjoy the music 😎
JBL L300 is Nelson Pass’s all time favorite speakers, he says. It must be really good. I would like to hear it.

And yet he designed an alternate crossover for it. The murky sounds and  poor in-room power response I heard out of stock L300s probably comes from a crossover that's not well-matched to the drivers, especially how high the crossover point is for a 15" woofer. Guaranteed beaming.
As a kid, it was always my dream to own a pair of L300’s. I would love to pick up a nice pair today. The smaller L110 and L65 were nice too.
I just picked up a pair of L300 and L200 at the bargain price from a local audiophile.  They were quite abused and damaged outside and inside as well.  But they look wonderful from at least 20 feet away.  I have listened to both L200's and L300's with a little Pilot tube amp. They sound fine but not the greatest I have heard so far.  They are not perfect. They have some strengths for certain areas and weaknesses for other areas, like our children. I will try to enjoy them while refinishing the cabinets and cleanup the mess inside. I have to live with them for a while to learn more about them. My first impression is that they have more strengths than weaknesses. I would like to enjoy their strengths more than their weaknesses.  At some point I am going to pass them on to someone else, so that they can experience what these are. Happy Listening!