Jolida JD 100. How does it sound?

I'm looking for some input from people who have heard the Jolida JD100 cd player. how does it sound? Are the modifications worth the money?

Thank you for your input.
estrong
There are tons of answers to your question waiting for you in the archives. My (short) take on it is that, simply with NOS tubes, it is an excellent player that is musical, involving, and has an inherent ability to convey so much detail that it is coherent and articulate in its expression. No digital sound whatsoever. I love mine every evening. Arthur
I am with Arthur on this one! I have mine for about 16 months now with no hiccups (knock on wood). My unit is modded by Parts Connexion and I am currently using Sylvania Gold Brand 5751. I also had good results with GE 5751's and RCA 5751's. All including the Sylvania GB are triple mica version.

Goodluck
I have the Jolida with Level 2 mod, upgraded clock, Sylvania 5751 triple mica black plate tubes. I would say the biggest improvement came from changing tubes. The mods definitely help, just smaller improvements. I have heard nothing yet that sounds better. I'm sure that there is, just nowhere near the price of the Jolida. I'll be keeping mine. Rick
Mine is stock & running Raytheon 5751 blacks...love it. I've also tried the GE 5751 3-mica blacks & they were very nice too. Originally I picked it up with Mullards in it...I like the 5751's better. Tighter, better bottom end.