Just retired and want to get back to vinyl listening

I'm reeducating myself.... after years of no TT and focusing on just stereo listening.. I had a some early Klipsch Hersey’s and some GENESIS speakers pair with Yamaha receiver and low end turntable 30-40 years ago -- I can afford a higher end setup this days -- so what are thoughts on pairing a luxman l-550axII with Klipsch cornwalls?

I like the Herseys for music in the day.. cornwalls seem to be larger herseys but may well need audtion some of the tower types folks seem to tout..

I still thinking on TT -- but may get a VPI scout or prime -- thinking through the cartridge choices and other things is still a serious education -- recc?

music taster are varied -- jazz to singer vocalist miles davis - linda Ronstadt and a host of others for vocal musics and instruments- soft rock of the 70-80s- to some classical

thoughts -- looking to 15-20K for the refit for stereo listening - but could stretch some if I like the setup

steventoney
thanks... I pretty much for last 20-25 years have only had a HT type setup with Denon receivers and NHT speakers all round with hsu VTF mk2 sub -- some music listening but not a large amount.. I built up a very large collection of DVDs and Blurays abd even rip this to large storage server for HTPC playback -- but for this project I’m going back in time when I did much more stereo music listening and want a good setup just for that...I be buying vinyl for the most part of this new phase of retro life. I also had some Time Frame 500 speakers for a while in 90’s..

so I do plan to go listen to speakers that I can.. I have good memories on the herseys and Genesis speakers, but it has been so long -- I need to relisten -- I do like the retro look of the luxman integrateds and not sure I want to get full separates for this setup I moving to Spokane Wa in 4 weeks -- from northern VA -- so will be doing the setup after I find a new place to rent in Spokane -- as my first location to live in retirement

as noted TT is hardest to work out as I have not had a TT since 1985 or so

I’m targeting vinyl -- but I have a large collection of CD’s most bought in the 80 -- I gave my vinyl and turntable to my brother along with the Genesis speaker in the 80’s - I think he still has the LP’s -- I have all the CD’s I have ripped to FLAC files for use "occasionally" on a SONOS setup -- so I may get a CD player again - not sure -- I have not bought a CD in nearly 4 years-- but could use the SONOS player with high quality DAC to feed the integrated on one of the inputs

probably should have mentioned the SONOS multi-room setup -- but I do not use it that much lately
hard to find speakers more efficient than the Klipsch heritage line.. other suggestion is the larger - tower type  -- probably cannot do speakers that need the larger 2 feet or more from the wall
$15-20k is a lot to spend on not knowing what equipment to buy and having an old stereo as your reference. Is there a dealer nearby where you could get better acquainted with newer gear?
Yes, with patience and good ear a lot can be accomplished for $20k even with new equipment, and with used you could have $40k-$50k very high level system, far beyond Klipsh and Luxman, I would guess.