KCI Pure Gold and the benefits

Hi Guys just wanted to share my new love for the majic of pure gold interconnects. Ive been through the paces of tring different mid to high grade interconnects in my system and finally tried pure gold. Now the price does vary significantly from pure gold cable to pure gold cable, I picked up the KCI and have really loved what gold did for my modest system compared to pure silver, flat ribbon and tons of different copper. I have read the white papers about silver being a better conductor and even some on why gold is more pleasing to the ear. I feel that gold is more coherent top to bottom than silver but noticed many of my audio friends are using silver still. What is the general feeling and use here amongst guys with the high end of equipment? Are you using gold and does it get even better with higher end equipment?
stivervii
Lately, I have been taking advantage of the opportunity to hear the Silkworm+, which I had requested John Prator to equip with Eichmann Copper Bullet plugs. After running the cable in for nearly 350 hours, I would like to share my listening impressions. First, what really "seals the deal" for me with this cable is its ability to render various tonal shades and shifts in timing and manner of expressiveness among instruments and instrumentalists with the sort of beauty and musicality that causes me to shake my head and smile. I also find its presentation avoids any tendency toward the analytical, and simply permits the music to flow with ease, openness and even elegance if it's in the mix. Especially noteworthy is the very significant minimization of unpleasant artifacts(mainly brightness)at macrodynamic levels, so that what I hear brings me that much closer to experiencing a live orchestral concert. Throughout the complete sound spectrum, hi fi-ishness or artificiality has no place with the Silkworm+. The degree of naturalness is ear opening. I detected nothing untoward either with separation and location of instruments, stage depth, width or height, all of which are quite important to me as a listener of mostly orchestral music. Further, I consider top and bottom end performance to be extremely fine. I feel delighted too with the rendering of realistic warmth in the lower strings, and the reproduction of the orchestra's power instruments...All things considered, I have every reason to feel the charms of the Silkworm+ will continue to unfold as things move on. If you haven't done so already, I recommend you invite this marvelous cable into your home. Not only do I consider it a superb instrument, but also feel its creator, John Prator, is an absolute pleasure to deal with. He impresses as a very likeable fellow, with a most engaging sense of humor. I'm confident he'll be very pleased to communicate with you, and I daresay there's a very good chance you'll be quite pleased with what he will offer for your musical enjoyment.
Arthur,
Sorry, I missed this for a bit. We are currently working on a few things; one being possibly a gold USB cable. Also working on some more affordable cables using copper, silver etc. I'll keep you posted. Hope you're doing great and the new room looks FANTASTIC, I'm so jealous!!

Opus88,

Wow, thank you for the kind words! I'm thrilled to hear that you are enjoying your cable so much. I have to admit I was a little nervous considering some of the other cables you were putting her up against, guess I can breathe easy now. ;)

Please keep me/us posted on your thoughts as you get even more familar with your Silkworm+. I hope you are doing well, thank you very much and have a great day!!

Sincerely,
John
You are most welcome, John. I'm sure that others benefitting from the great enjoyment and fulfillment provided by the Silkworm+ feel pretty much the same.