KEF, ProAc, Monitor Audio and others

I've been busy listening to speakers in the 10-15,000 price range and even convinced my wife to join me (not an easy job).  Recently, I've heard the Vandersteen
Treo CT, ProAc D48r,KEF Reference 3, Monitor Audio PL300ii (briefly), Vienna Acoustics Liszt and several others.  I appreciate all the suggestions on this board.  

Some observations: I liked the Vandersteen but would love to consider one of their higher end models.  However, as I posted before, the local dealer doesn't carry those models and the nearest dealer who does is several hundred miles away.  Also, the necessity of electricity for the higher models is problematic for me. I really like the soundstage, imaging and musicality of the KEF Reference 3.  Would like to hear the KEF Reference 5, even though it would stretch my price range, but can't find it at any local dealer.  Some say the 3 is actually better so they don't carry the 5. Didn't like the Liszt compared to the KEF. Plan to hear the Monitor Audio again since I was impressed during a brief listening. Also, I've been told that Revel-- and possibly others--will introduce new models in January at the CES.  Right now, the KEF 3 is at the top of my list and my wife reached the same conclusion.  May wait until January to see what's announced at the CES.  
brownsf
Bo won't tell you anything.  He is the only one in the entire world who can create a "3D" system.  Everyone else is a mere child fumbling down paths that lead nowhere.  Even if you have all the best equipment with what he affectionately refers to as "3D DNA," he is the only one who can configure them appropriately.  He has recently alluded to DSP correction being part of the secret sauce.  His passion is admirable, but---oh, that presentation....

Good luck.
Sfoth,  I have over 30 years professional system setup experience, while working at two of the biggest A/V stores in NYC Sound by Singer and Innovative Audio, and then 14 years at my own shop.

Bo is just plain crazy, any good system when setup properly can recreate a  three dimensional sound stage. Height has more to do with the physical size of a loudspeaker. 

The keys to createing a 3d system is to make sure your speakers are positioned correctly, reflections are addressed, power conditioning, power cables and vibration isolation is used. 

To help create a 3d image, Acoustic System Resonators work wonders so do Shakti Hologpraphs.  Make sure the speakers are three to five feet from the back wall if possible. 

A new trick is the Isoacoustics footers which help in image focus and bass tightness.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ
Dave is talking from his world in audio. So his ideas are based on his insight and knowledge.

We have met many people at home who spend a lot of money on acoustic panels and they still had many issues. With our Statement Audio Pro-measurement the results are so much more effective.

You always will need amps, sources and speakers who can create a holographic 3D stage well. Most products do not own the right techniques and properties to create it.

And a person who want to sell Isoacoustics footers to create a 3D stage is insane. We are Stillpoints dealer and we love them. And they can make a 3D stage even better. But it will not create a 3D stage when the system has not the right properties.
A 3D stage is only one single part of sound. Sound consists of many other parts. There are enough people who also can create a 3D stage.

The difference is that we stopped selling and creating 2d sound. This is our personal choice. When you want to understand why the sound and stage of your system is what you hear.

There is only one option to understand it. This is that you understand exactly all the different properties of each individual part in your system, the acoustics and the other parts who influence the sound and stage negatively.

Because each different way in trial and error will not make you able to guide and control your system. This is needed to create the sound and stage you would like to own.