Krell amps with Magneplanar speakers

Has anyone any experience using Krell amps with Magneplanar speakers? I have the 3.6r speakers and have thought about buying a 200/300 fpbc amp. Would the combo produce a bright sound (since the speaker has a very revealing, extended high end)? Would the low end be balanced, i.e. not too bassy? Your comments are much appreciated.
newton
I agree that tubes sound a lot better with his speakers but I was trying to compare apples to apples(well sort of any how). I use a BAT tube amp and am enamored with its sound. I have yet to hear a Krell set up that sounds good, to me any way, I know many feel the same way, but this is not a Krell vs. the world thread(again). All I am trying to say is do yourself a favor and check out some other stuff. Best wishes,
Tim
You may want to try Bryston 7B's, Legacy Audio Monoblocs, and Rogue Audio 120's. I have tried all three and they all sound superb with the Maggie 3.6's.
well.... I have used KRELL/Magnepan combos before. One thing I have learned. More power=better for magnepans. My suggestion is to go for more power for your money. Sunfire sig works well. Bryston 7b. If money is nothing to you get the big mono block Krells. 600 watts each is my suggestion.

If anyone flames me for the sunfire comment, you are a snob and have not listened objectivly.
I've heard the magnepans sound 'ok' with krell's and monster classe amps. I owned a set of 1'6's (the set jtinn heard with the wolcotts actually!), and found that solid state amps ran a distant second to tube amps with them. My little tiny, twelve year old conrad-johnson mv-50 sounded better than any solid state amp with the magnepans. Not a little, a lot!
I concur with jtinn on the wolcotts. They are head and shoulders better than any amp I've paired with the magnepans. They completely transformed the speakers from very good to world-class. The vt100 came next, but didn't have a hint of the wolcott's power.