Large listening room

Not sure where else to post this. I am new and am creating a 2ch system to go in a largish (18x16) room.
Right now, I am using an ayre cdp, a mcintosh ma6900 integrated and B&W 805s's with a sub.
I am starting to feel like the 805s's are too small.
Has anyone had success in a larger room?
If so, please share your experiences.
Thanks in advance!
jimmy3993
Jimmy,

Do you really just want loads of impresive bass? Think carefully what you want in a speaker over the long term (some midrange perhaps?). Your concern about lack of bass from the 805's may be driving you to over compensate by seeking the most bass you can find. Just two cents but think carefully - there is more to music than just a kick drum - what about the rest?
Shadorne-
Of course you are right. I wrote down my first impressions after the initial demos. That is all. What i really want is bigger soundstage, more complete range and a speaker that sounds as "right" to me playing Tool as Tori Amos.
Oh yea - and it has to look good and cost about 5 or 6k.
Jimmy,

I am not trying to tell youu what to do - just to keep youu clear of the minefield. The danger with demos is that "impressive" wins over "right" - all too often!
Shadorne -
Good point. When I go back, I will bring my own disk and ask for the remote. They seem to like to run the volume real high @ demos. I think that I will also take notes.
And when I get to the point that I am ready to buy from a retail dealer, I'm gonna ask to bring the demos home for a couple of days.
Any other tips would be appreciated.
I am in 14X24 dedicated room and use VMPS with open baffle mid range ribbons with lots of success.