Lifespan of a quality solid state amplifier?

What is the expected lifespan of a quality solid state amplifier (Krell, Mark Levinson, Anthem, Bryton, Pass Labs)? Is their any maintenance that can be performed to extend the lifespan of one of these amps?

Regards,
Fernando
128x128fgm4275
the twenty year half life thing is just wrong and does not apply. No amount of posting will make it right. Half life refers to radioactive material. And it is not mean time between failure. MTBF most often is measured in hours.
Rok2id, Half life can refer to radioactive material, but radioactive material is not the only thing measured in half life.

Here is another concern. My company has been dealing with this for several years now. The caps in the computers that run our equipment are failing at a very high rate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitor_plague

I agree that MTBF is not applicable when talking about caps. It applies to complex equipment that needs to be repaired and put back into service. The time it takes a cap to fail is simply lifetime. Failing caps may lead to a lower MTBF for whatever they are installed in though.

I might be halfway through my life and I feel radioactive sometimes so it's "win win".