Linear Tracking Turntables

I currently have a Yamaha PX-3 linear tracking turntable, and it was working beatifully until I damaged the tonearm transport. (don't ask). I'm impressed with the performance I got out of it until I damaged it. I'll probably get another one from Ebay, but I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with these other linear tracking turntables that can fit standard mount carts: the Revox BX791 and 795 series, the Mitsubishi vertican turntables, and the Pionner/Phase Linear models. Which of these has the best linear arm?

Steve
arnold_layne
the revox still sounds good today. they are however becoming more expensive(supply and demand)and ebay seems to be the last frontier to buy them. it would still compare favoribly with table/arm comos in the 2k range, and if its in good working order it will outlive any current table currently being sold at that pricepoint. haven't heard the yamaha in years, but i remember it was quite good...good luck
The Yamaha PX-2, although even harder to find, would be the best of the bunch, IMO. It was heavier, and more beautifully made than the PX-3, with more a more sophisticated transport and controls for the arm.

The Mitsubishi LT5-V was the vertical turntable. They were pretty good, and visually striking and unusual, but at least a notch below the PX-3 in terms of build quality.

None of these are bad, but the PX-2 was the only "high end" turntable of its day.

Good luck.
4 or 5 years ago when i got back into analog, i cleaned up my Mitsubishi LT5-V and put an lp on. It sounded constapated and hollow. I decided to pull the cover and look inside. The signal path from the cartridge was interupted so many times via connections and boards, I knew it was a pretty hopless cause. My ears had just outgrown it. That put me on my journy to this website.