List of albums that will still be popular 50 years from now...

We all know that classical music will still be on demand 50 years from now, but what about pop music that will still be on demand?
I'd like to list few titles and the rest leave to the contributors!

1. Henry Mancini "Pink Panther" as the best score he's ever wrote
2. Sesame Street "Born To Add"
3. Believe it or not, Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will still be there and hot!
4. Miles Davis "Kind of Blue
5. Dave Brubeck "Time Out"
czarivey
Oregonpapa;
Frank I played the music you listed on the previous page and must say Thank You.
Wonderful selections and memories from a time that is now long gone.
All the best for the Holiday and New Year .
Enjoy
Ed

Some interesting thoughts simao. I just have to comment on one of them, however. While your high school seniors rarely listen to or aren't even aware of, for instance, The Band, that in no way proves they won't still be listened to in fifty years. Of course, I would say that, ay regulars ;-) ?! The Basement Tapes are considered The Rosetta Stone for the hippest of young bands and singer/songwriters today (hence the success of The New Basement Tapes album and movie), and those first two Band albums are a master's class in Rock 'n' Roll musicianship. Everything a musician needs to know in order to play the best Rock 'n' Roll is contained on those two albums. A bold claim, perhaps!

The same can be said for Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. An absolute landmark album that is unknown by most current music consumers, but it shall endure as a deep well for emerging Jazz artists. My nominees were made from the perspective of a musician, and though I myself don't care for him, Jimi Hendrix continues to be a hugely listened to (by young musicians) artist, as he will, I predict, continue to be. Maybe not by high school students, but, more importantly, by musicians. It is musicians who keep the music alive, not consumers. Lucinda Williams is a current artist keeping her music of choice alive, reimagining and interpreting her blues and folk influences.

James Bond theme,duh. Classical music of all types. 50's and 60's rock. Timeless.
@bdp24

I think there lies the rub. Musicians will always listen widely to other musicians. But the vast majority of people are not musicians, just as the vast majority are not audiophiles, and thus a seminal and valuable voice like The Band is destined to go by the wayside, as are so many other valuable artists.

Someone earlier brought up the few artists from the 20's, 30's and 40's we still listen to with anything but a sense of nostalgia. I think part of that can be attributed to the recording and sound quality; we've become spoiled by the fidelity of the past 40 years. But the large part is simply the generation who did listen to that music with a passion is by and large no longer around. What's left is second-hand discovery.

I will concede Miles and Coltrane and a few others who not only changed jazz but legitimized it for a widespread audience.  I can see them sticking around for the next half-century.
@ptss 
50's,60's rock may not be popular 50 years from now simply because listeners don't have much life left. Only certain titles/artists will still remain. Note that classical music is also selective in terms of what now musicians perform.