Long runs - USB or RCA???

I'm considering an "external HD > laptop (PC - iTunes) > USB DAC" setup in my office. My audio rack is 15' away from my listening position where the laptop/exHD will be. My question is - do I position the DAC near the listening position and run 15' analog RCA cables to my integrated amp in the rack or do I site the DAC in the audio rack and run a 15' USB cable to the DAC? I know that with certain RCAs, I'll be susceptible to RFI; will a long-run USB cable potentially have the same problem? Any recommendations of either flavor cable to avoid the RFI? Thanks.
soulbrass
I've had excellent results with Monster Cable's USB cables, using a four meter run between my laptop and my USB dac on a very resolving high end system.
Cheers,
I would do the USB cable. Keep the ICs as short as possible. A basic USB cable should do the job just fine. If it makes you feel better, buy an expensive USB cable to keep any audiophile paranoia in check.
15 feet of USB cable isn't what I would consider long. I couldn't hear any differences between 15 or 6 feet of USB cable. I know several audiophiles that use similar lengths..no problems to speak of.