Looking for really fine cables at really low price

I have been listening to excellent sounding Exemplar exception cables for the last several weeks. While my HFCables are better they are also much more expensive than the below $500 cables.

They offer an excellent sound stage, dynamics, and top to bottom quality sound. Not only are they inexpensive but they are very portable and easy to install.

I am not a dealer or investor in this company.
tbg
After listening to the Belden 8402 for over a week, and then putting my former cables back in the system, the comparison unfortunately was not even close. My other cables have similar warmth and tonal density but much better extension, definition and smoothness throughout the entire frequency range. The Beldens are midrange-centric and, in comparison, sound somewhat veiled, with a rough top end, less definition in the bass, and less smoothness overall.

The comparison included two sets of ICs, one from my DAC to preamp and the other from preamp to power amp(s). My other cables are made with multiple strands of woven, small diameter (28awg), high quality copper (22awg aggregate per leg) in cotton and use high quality Furutech FP-601/602 connectors. I tried both sets with two different power amps, an Ncore NC1200 Class D amp and a high quality McCormack/SMc Signature Class A/B amp. I heard the same result with both amps, with the Belden cables sounding particularly bad with the Class D Ncore amps, which are a bit dark sounding to begin with.

The Belden construction included two sets of balanced cables using moderately high quality Vampire XLR connectors, and the braid shield connected to ground at both ends. The Belden cables were conditioned for about two days on an Audiodharma Cable Cooker, played for hours in my system with the Ayre frequency sweep burn-in track on repeat, and then played with music for over a week. They should have been burned in enough to show their characteristic sound.

When I make balanced IC cables, I typically only connect the shield at the source end but I space it away from the conductors and spiral a separate wire outside the shield connected to ground at both ends. I believe that is a superior construction method and I suppose I could have tried a separate ground wire outside the Belden jacket with the shield connected only at the source end, but I didn't.

I know some of you guys really like the Belden 8402 and will disagree with what I hear, so maybe the difference is in the balanced construction or in my system using high powered amp(s) with moderate efficiency speakers, compared to the lower powered amps and higher efficiency speakers many of you have. Maybe I am just fortunate to have really good ICs for comparison. I cannot explain, but what I have described is what I hear.
Mitch2 that's what makes this thread so intersting is all the differing listening impressions.

Salectric thanks for the update. I just ordered four Canare F10 RCAs. :)))
Thanks Jetrexpro, it was tough to report that since so many here like the Belden 8402 wire. I will burn them in a bit more on the cooker and try them again once more to make sure of what I am hearing.

In the meantime, I still like the WE speaker cables in all three gauges I have here, 16, 14 and 10 awg. Maybe I should make some ICs from the extra 16awg I have. I think I would try two wires per leg wrapped around a core with a shield connected only at the source end and a separate ground wire spiraled outside the shield. Unfortunately, because I am so happy with the ICs I have, making WE16 ICs is pretty far down on my project list.
Salectric:
Yes, THAT is where I read the comment! Thanks.
Earlier today I found a number of photos online showing how to position and solder shielding to RCA plugs. I will report back once I've got my Belden IC's assembled and installed in my system.

Best wishes,
Ps
Mitch

Not to worry on what you hear.

I have not heard Belden IC.

I am trying the WE wire in two systems. Oddly to me it sounds as you describe the Belden IC's?

In my main system all Duelund parts and Duelund wire the WE is clear, ragged and my guess is high resonance part with a midrange centric sound.

The upside to the WE wire if you midrange is not quite right this wire brings life to a system.

I hope I can use it for the office system?