Man this is frustrating

I'm needing interconnects x 2 pair between TT and phono pre and from pre to amplifier. I'm decidedly mid-fi with a budget of under $500 for the 2 pair. VPI Traveler (found new on the cheap as the dealer is getting out of the 2-channel business), Mobile Fidelity Studio Phono, Rega Brio, Dynaudio Excite X18s. 

Looked initially at Blue Jean Cables and then read some not so good reviews. I'd love some solid suggestions and experiences.

Thanks
audiosavage1
My go-to source for interconnects & power cables is Signal Cable. Their prices are more than reasonable; built-quality & sound of cables more than satisfactory; and the guy who owns the place is tops in customer service.

Here's a link to interconnects: http://signalcable.com/analog_interconnects.html

I have 4-5 prs of Analog 2 interconnects (~1/2 of my desktop system is cabled w/them). 

IMHO Signal Cable is a "safe haven" for those who tire of the pricey and at times, arrogant feel of the "cable wars" in high end audio.
I have a "28 phono cable very similar to the Signal Cable Silver Reference mentioned above. The DIN connector is touchy and probably needs to be replaced; but it sounded fantastic before that. I could part with that if it helps.
Also, Zu Audio keeps auctioning off caples on eBay that can be had for a fraction of the cost. I just got a pair of 1 meter Wylde RCA cables for $35 including shipping.
Just ordered the Signal Cable interconnects. Thanks for the information and suggestions everyone. 
Garebear.....in MY system, Cardas cables sound indistinct, tubby, fuzzy, etc.  I tried many versions...some are better than others, but I always can tell the Cardas sound in MY system.  They may work well in others', but not in mine.   I contacted Colleen Cardas who told me they had to break in....months later, they sounded as I describe.  I was always perplexed since I have an all Ayre system, and Ayre recommends Cardas.....oh well.
gyneguy.....DBS are always burned in...but what the heck....it seems you have the enhancer....go to it.