Marten Design Coltrane vs Wilson Audio Watt/Puppy

Hello,
I am on the market for second hand speakers with a budget range of 5-6 k $. Considered so far Marten Coltrane and Watt/Puppies (their lower numbers). I am running low voltage push-pull Audio Note monoblocks. Any other suggestion for speakers will be very welcome. Interested also in PBN Montana, Legacy Audio, von Schweikert VR 4 etc. Tnx.
nikmilkov
Sure - I understand your concern but the paper specs don't always translate to a sonic mis-match. Just food for thought.
Von Schweikert dB99. There was a pair listed here for $6400. Not mine because I can't see parting with them. Good luck.
Oh Dear

--8W's-well it can be a dilemma for speaker choice.
You'll have I feel to negate the ones you mention and consider more efficient possibilities.You'd probably get away with it if you only played Lute music--But I fear you do not-ha!

How long is a piece string?--you could start with investigating

Tannoys--but NOT the newer "cheapos"

Retherm

Tonian labs

Ocellia

Trenner & Freidhl

Teresonic

TuneAudio

Good Luck,

Des
Nola KO should be considered as well but you're not likely to find them second hand - at least not for awhile.
What is wrong with the Audio Note speakers? They look a bit 1970's and need to be in a corner ideally, but they make a wonderful, musical sound with no edge to it. With the range of crossover upgrades, there is a speaker for most pockets.

I also agree that Tannoy would be a great choice too.