McCormack DNA .5? Do I need more power?

Hi. I have been thinking about picking up a used McCormack DNA 0.5, which I may upgrade in the future. Will it be powerful enough at only 100w? I am currently using a B&K Reference 4420 (225wpc) and while it sounds good, I am sure I will get better sound out of the McCormack, especially once upgraded. My speakers are 91db, pretty efficient, but they have a big 10" driver along with a 6.5" driver, 1" driver, and tweeter, so I don't want to under-power them. Manufacturer recommends no less than 30w. I don't play real loud (no higher than 10 o'clock, which is plenty), but I don't want the lows to be muddled by a lack of power. What do you think?
chiho
I don't know if you'll "need" more power, but a DNA-1 is not that much more expensive than a DNA .5. More power is usually "better", even if you don't absolutely need it.....
The McCormack 0.5 has a very conservative rating of 100 watts per channel, sounds much more powerful. I have had other power amps rated at 200 watts per channel that can't keep up with the 0.5. This amp has unlimited power reserves & I have yet to clip mine. By the way, I own the DNA 0.5 Rev A, offers a world class sound and easily beats most everything I have heard before it. Your above speakers at their efficientcy of 91 db would produce concert hall levels with the 0.5.
Anyone ever use a McCormack DNA .5 stock or Deluxe to power a pair of KEF 104/2 speakers? Anyone care to share their thoughts on how the combination sounded? Did the DNA .5 provide enough power to them?

Specs of the KEF 104/2s.

Model 104/2 Specifications:
Frequency Range: 55Hz - 20kHz ( 2dB)
Drive Units:HF: T33 25mm (1") Impregnated fabric dome
MF: 2 x B110 100mm (5") Doped Bextrene cone
LF: 2 x B200 200mm (8") Paper cone
Crossover Point:150Hz, 3kHz
Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
Characteristic Sensitivity Level: 92dB
Amplifier Requirements: 25-200W into 4 ohms
Maximum Output: 112dB
Internal Volumes: LF 50 litres, MF 3 litres
Net Weight: 32kg (70.5lbs)
Dimensions: (H x W x D)900 x 280 x 415mm, 35.5 x 11 x 16.4 ins

Thanks
It's a great amp, but I had to get rid of my Rev. A due to clipping my Maggie 1.6's Everything was fine until a low bass note was played and the speakers would make a "snap" sound. The 1.6 just sucked the juice out of that amp. Moving to a W4S ICE amp fixed it of course. At 91db efficiency you will be OK. I just wanted to let everyone know there is a limit to what that or any 100 watt amp can do.
Hi Koestner

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with the DNA .5. I'm hoping to get a DNA .5 soon and see how the little guy does with my KEFs. I had a DNA 1 Deluxe before with the KEF 104/2s and I liked the sound was really revealing but it may have been too much power for the speakers.