Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan
Thanks Kip. The reason I sprung for the SX-8000 was really down to recently great results I finally got from my fine tuning the RX-5000 set up. In particular using the Machina Dynamica spring system and a special vinyl table mat I found in Germany to damp the gunmetal platter while retaining the inherent qualities. I had gone thru all types of mats previously and this is the best by far! I can send an ebay link but you have to work in German. Cost was around 50 euro plus shipping.
I would love to learn all I can about fine tuning the RX-5000. I just was a very lucky ebay winner by scoring an UNUSED Vibraplane 2210 for pennies on the dollar--it even has the original manual, air pod wrench and blank warranty card! What else should I be thinking about? I have to say I have not felt like pursuing a mat--I've never heard music like what I'm hearing now right off the platter. But, I suppose I could be convinced... :-)
Kip, cograts on that vibraplane - I looked it up on ebay, you got a great deal. I would only make one change at a time in a system, so let me now if you want to think about a mat later. BTW, I heard from Asian audiophiles that the Micro-Seiki Cu-180 copper mat does not elevate the performance of the RX series, but does have a positive impact on the SX series as an alternative to using the suction on the platter. I hope to have that SX up and running in a couple of weeks and will report back.

Steve
Steve, you´re right. The Micro Cu 180 platter brings a lot more dynamics and clear details. I don`t use it on my Micro (because of the lips!) but on my Nakamichi. Nevertheless using the Cu platter you might need an additional very fine and light mat to give additional stability for the sound. Both are worth a try!
Hallo Tuchan. Ich kenne jemanden, der sowohl einen kompletten SX-8000 MK II sowie einen SZ-1T Ultimate anbietet. Bei Interesse kontaktieren Sie mich einfach unter meiner privaten email-adresse.
Beste Grüße aus München/Berlin
Frankpiet