Micro SX-8000 II or SZ-1

Does anybody know if there is a mayor difference between the Micro-Seiki SX-8000 II and the "flagship" SZ-1?
A friend told me I should look for a SZ-1 because it offers a better motor. Having a SX-8000 II I am not shure whether it is worth looking for a SZ-1 or only for another motor-unit?
thuchan
Thuchan,
>>> good friend of mine also adds a flywheel to his Micro, he visited me...<<<

And, so what happened?
Does it make THE difference or is FM_login's take closer then DerTonarms'?
There were BIG differences of opinion...

SME's (like mine) use some pretty involved speed control box which one might argue obviates ~ 'fly-wheeling'.
As said: ... accentuate the positive... :-)
Axel, I never wanted to use this word but now I will use it in a negation form to answer your question. The flywheel in this environment is definitely no BS !
active vs. passive flywheel ??

as I am very happy with the VPI SDS active flywheel - the technology used by VPI inside the SDS is excellent and also the metal parts are drilled precisely - I will now test another flywheel, a passive one.

I will come back with the results and a picture of the flywheel setting very soon.
Hi..I am running a basic mid range Micro Seiki BL-99v with a fr-64fx. Do people recommend using the vacuum platter, or a cu-180 mat with a leather cover and a st-10 stabilizer instead?

thanks!
Hi Boidos, I am running the vacuum platter on my SX 8000 II, which is of course an inbuild function, as well as a Micro cu-180 mat on my Nakamichi TX-1000. If you have the option for the vacuum and it is working without big noise and does its job properly i would compare it with the sound quality provided by the cu-180 mat (with small textil layer on top). Just test the sound quality and decide for the better one. If you have the original Micro cu-180 mat it should provide a good sound.