MM Cartridge for VPI Scout

Currently using a Benz H2 and getting too much distortion especially on the inner grooves during classical music. I think the High output has something to do with it. Any suggestions?
tzh21y
I'd try your cart with the VPI anti-skate device. I ran mine with a Dyna 20X-H (high-output) and it sounded really good. This is a cart VPI recommended for this TT. Sumiko Blackbird is another, and some of the Grado's (especialy for classical).
I used the Ortofon RED in mine, requires extra weight in headshell or lighter counterweight from VPI.
Not enough info to fully diagnose the problems? We'd all be just guessing at this point.

A MM Cartridge will most likely have even more output, and would help nothing if you are going into the same phono stage without changing anything else.

But I suspect your problem lies elsewhere. Cartridge set up, in regards to alignment, and vertical tracking force will be two important issues you need to check.

If you say you're tracking at 1.9 Grms, are you absolutely sure of this? Has overhang-alignment been properly set?

What phono-stage/pre amp are you running into? What is the gain, and loading set at? Is your Stylus Clean?

Did you just begin to notice this problem, in other words was it playing OK, and now there's a problem, or is this a new set up, and note the problems? Used, or new Cartridge?

Please elaborate some more, and we'll all try to help. Mark