Most achingly-beautiful music

Ultimately, we listen to music to be moved, for example, to be elated, exulted, calmed or pained. Which are the 3 most affecting pieces of music do you find the most affecting?
hungryear
Mikeam, you're a man after my own heart. You must also try Eva Cassidy's Live at Blues Alley. Her "covers" of Fields of Gold, Autumn Leaves, People Get Ready and What a Wonderful World are fabulous. Concerning her much lamented death, my understanding is that she died at age 34 of cancer. The world has lost one of the great blues voices.
OK it's time for some Rock n Roll and blues. There is so many tunes that move me that it is impossible to give a top three. Right now I am listening to Elvin Bishop's "Struttin My stuff" and it is moving me. Among others that move me are
"Golden Country" REO Speedwagon
"Fantasy Girl" 38 Special
"Good Day for the Blues" Storyville
"Easy Rider" Iron Butterfly
"More Than One Way Home" Keb Mo (many more by keb Mo)
Some others
Handel's "Halleluia Chorus"
Tchaikovsky's "Waltz of the Flowers"
Charles Wesley's "And Can It Be"
Uh Oh Got to go. Delbert McClinton's "Every Time I Roll The Dice" just came on. I can't type and tap my foot at the same time. Happy listening
Pendragn, I also own the "Live at Blues Alley" CD, so I know exactly what you are reffering too. You are so right in that the world has lost a great voice, perhaps, the best voice I have ever heard. I certainly can think of no other voice except for Ellas' in the same league.

Best regards,

Mike M.
Mikeam, I forget to mention Eva's exquisite rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow. This is the first of her songs that I heard...more than enough to hook me. As for Ella, no one has surpassed her in an overall sense...so versatile and always spot on.