Naim x Ayre

Hi Friends,

Does anyone have experience with these two brands?

I am thinking about either of the following two systems:

Ayre C-5Xe + Preamp K-5Xe + Power V-5Xe

or Naim CD2X + Preamp NAC 282 + Hicap2 + NAPSC+ Power NAP 250.2

The speakers would be Merlin VSM MM, ProAc Response D28 or Wilson Audio Sophia2.

Thanks and regards,

Rodrigo
rodrigojr

Hi Rodrigo,

I have not heard these speakers, only Wilson Audio Sophia 1. My impression of the Sophia's was that they were very detailed and analytical.

I own an Ayre K1x pre-amp and have heard most of the Naim items you are asking about.

I think you would find that either provides a very good listening experience. The Naim system should be slightly warmer and more romantic, the Ayre more detailed and cool (much like the Sophia's).

I would suggest that you listen for these qualitative differences if you have the opportunity. Either system should provide a great deal of enjoyment for some time.

Good luck,

Mark
My system consists of the following combination:
Ayre C-5Xe + Preamp K-5Xe + Power V-5Xe
Wilson Audio Sophia2.

I would characterize the music as being "organic"- not mechanical, easy flowing, natural and very dynamic. These components were made for each other and give excellent value. Others who listened to my system felt the same. I listen to rock, jazz, female vocals, no classical. In my opinion you would not go wrong with this combination.
Thanks a lot for all the inputs!

Anyone has experience with Wadia 581 player linked directly to an Ayre V-1Xe or V-5Xe?

Regards,

Rodrigo
I have a total Ayre System, and Wilson Sophia 2 speakers. Everything is connected with Virtual Dynamics cables and power cords. It is absolutely divine sound, best I have ever had, or heard. I believe the Sophia 2s were designed to sound very musical as well as detailed like the Sophia 1s.....