Narrowing down floorstander selection.

I'm narrowing down my speaker choices and would be interested to hear any thoughts about these four speakers:

Von Schweikert VR2
Vienna Acoustics Beethoven
Dyanaudio Aucience S82
Vandersteen 3aSig

If anyone has suggestions for other speakers in the 2-4K range, I'd be curious to hear them also. I am ruling out planars and horns, either for reasons of demo availablility or taste. Also, I intend to avoid the addition of subwoofer(s) to augment my setup, at least for the time being.

I intend to purchase electronics after deciding on the speakers.

My room is very large with high ceilings, and placement is
flexible.

I listen to the usual eclectic range 'o stuff, but with a heavy emphasis on large scale orchestral classical.

Thanks for your help.
billw087b
Have you considered the Revel F30 or the smaller M20 speakers?

Both are good, the F30 is full range and the M20 is smaller and has decent bass, but not really full range.

The F30 used goes for about $2-3K, and the M20 used goes for about $1,500.

You might want to give them a listen. Good sound and good build quality.

Good Luck in your search.
I agree that the M20 is a fantastic speaker. I've owned it twice. I'm sure the F30 is good as well, although I haven't heard it. I would personally recommend the audio physic virgo. Used they can be had for about 2200 and will have the bass you are looking for I think.
If you like large scale classical then the Shahinian Arcs or Obelisks are perfect for you. Richard Shahinian designs his speakers specifically with classical in mind. The speakers are hand crafted in Medford New York. Richards loudspeakers are known for their deep bass so a subwoofer would not be required. I own the Shahinian Diapasons and love them to death. Last I knew the Arcs were $3200 and the Obelisks were $4000. You mighy even be able to buy the highly rated Shahinian Hawks with what you can save on electronics with the Shahinians. The Bedini 100 watt/side mono amplifiers are only $1500 per pair and do an excellent job driving my huge Diapasons. Richard designed the Shahinians using Bedini amps so they work very well together. You can find a review of the Hawks on the AV guide web site. Several of the reviewers from the big hi-fi mags have Shahinians as their personal speakers.