Need Advise for open sounding monitors

I currently live in a large condo where my stereo speakers purchased about 40 years ago serve me well with a full open sound. They are columns with a 15" voice of the theater woofer and an ESS air motion transformer. I will be down sizing soon and want to start looling for a replacement. Thoughout the years I have listen to some monitors when given the chance but never found anything satifying. Any suggestions where to look would be appreciated.
thambone46
ESS is back with some nice sounding and affordable monitors. The LD-10S Uses the air motion transformers and 10" woofer with 8" rear mounted bass radiator. I had a set in here recently and was quite surprised how good they sound.
GoldenEar Aon 3 ($1K/pair retail). It employs a modern folded ribbon based on the Heil concept. Upper mids and treble are very clean yet relaxed with no edginess. Yet treble is very extended and like the old Heils, they're very fast. The built-in oval passive radiator helps get bigger yet tighter bass out of a relatively small package.