Need Help With Focal Scala Placement

I recently had to downsize my music room to 10' X 14' X 8' which I am having a difficult time placing the Scala to make it sing.  The best result I can get so far is placing the speakers about 25" from the center of the speakers to the side walls, 57" from the back walls, toe in about 3" and sitting all the way back against the back wall.  I have thick curtains on the front wall and 2 13" X 6' ASC bass traps at the corners.  I'm getting a decent soundstage and image,  but the blooming bass and brighten are killing me.  Is this the best I can get or is there other ways to combat this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  
myaudio168
That means the speakers have to be right against the front wall since the speakers are more than 2' deep.  Maybe I'll give it a try.   Thanks for the suggestion. 
Unfortunately thats a lot of speaker for a small room...  I would suggest using something like REW to see what is going on with the room and apply more base traps, wide band absorbers and diffusers...  You may need more than thick curtains on that front wall and maybe some eq...  You may not want to sit against the back wall or add some absorbers/diffusers behind you...
Thanks for all of your suggestions.  I'll will give the long wall a try first.  If that does not work,  then back more room treatments and speakers movements.  I really don't want to part with these speakers because I know what they can do,  but I really don't like how they sound right now.  I'll definitely look into REW.   Anyone here try Lyngdorf?
Myaudio, Micromega and Focal are both imported by Audio Plus and the combo is getting rave reviews. 

The Micromega uses a class A/B amplifier vs the Lyngdorf's class D. The Micromega is extrremely musical the key here is the Micromega MARS room correction system. 

There is also  an electronic null point generator  that may help This is basically an active bass trap think a subwoofers designed to produce a suckout or inverse bass wave to cancle the excess energy this kind of device will probably do a better job than a passive tube trap.

You will also need some acoustical paneling to help absorb some excess high frequncey energy.

Please feel free to contact us if we can be of futher assistance.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ