Need to replace my Denon 2910, have $400?

I have $400 to spend on a new player and would like to see if I can get an upgrade over my old Denon 2910. Its been an incredible player but it no longer reads disks :(

Any suggestions are great!

System:
Denon 2910
Onix SP3
AV123 Strata Minis
vedder323
Theres a Marantz SA 8003 on the gon for $500, that a strong contender of the apollo?
used Rotel RCD1072, which I own.

How about a Squeezebox Touch ($350)? Since I purchased it I'm rarely, if ever, using my CD player anymore. Different ballgame altogether.
Hmmm, I've had a hard time thinking those squeezeboxes can sound much better than a cheap cd player but I've never really looked into them.
Depends of your definition of cheap. With 16bit/44.1kHz material, my SB Touch sounds as good as my Rotel RCD-1072 CD player ($800) playing the same CD, plus you have the option of 24/96 material and the flexibility digital audio provides. Some prefer the ritual of selecting a CD from the rack, opening it, looking over the art, etc. Certainly nothing wrong with that. However, I know I don't use my CD player anymore.

In case you are wondering, the rest of my system is Lamm LL2 pre, McIntosh MC275 amp, and B&W 804S.

Don't take my word. Do some reading around in forums and make up your own idea before buying.
Thanks Lewin, you using that toolbox mod with it? Was it hard to rip all your cds?