need tube advice from tube preamp owners.

i just recently bought a mcintosh c-2200 tube preamp,i pick it up from the dealer on monday(i cant wait) & im wondering what tubes will be nice for me to roll with that pre.

system its going into.

mc500 amplifier
mr85 tuner
mvp841 cd/dvd
cary audio tube dac.

i know very little about tubes so talk to me like i was an idiot & explain in detail.

merry xmas

mike.
128x128bigjoe
Inexpensive tubes: try some JAN's (joint army navy)
Mid price:Electroharmonix, JJ/Tesla.
Expensive: Don't know, I don't buy them.
thanks newbee & everybody else too,lotsa good starting points,its getting a little easier for me to understand the more i read but my learning curve ends with hands on or in this case ears on experience.

i will eventully update this thread & let you guys know what tubes i ran & which ones i settled in with.

mike.
Nice to hear the improvements but if one has a person that one trusts then one might just go ahead and have any upgrades done immediately. I am taking delivery on a Audible Illusion Modulus 3A soon and am having the stock Russian tubes (that is what is in it) replaced with NOS Siemens we sourced from Germany for 382 US landed (set of 4). I don't like to screw around with the gear so I just let a pro I know make a recommendation; if it sounds reasonable then I follow the advice. My advice comes from an engineer that manufactures single ended tube amplifiers that are very, very good.