New Re-Issue Vinyl: Surface Noise, Ticks, Pops....

It seems that paying an average of 30.00 to get new 180-200 gram pressings is a lot of money. And I don't mind paying it for a good clean pressing. But is seems as though I usually end up with surface noise , crackling, pops etc.. It is so frustrating to wait for records to come and when I play them I hear a record that sounds like I bought it in a used record store. Has anyone ever mentally kept track of what interent distributor seems to have the noisiest or cleanest vinyl? Or perhaps the pressing company/label? Do you clean them before you play to clean the releasing agent or play them right out of the jacket? I love the sound of the grooves and I believe the sound is better but, I just would like to have a good clean copy. Am I wrong to expect a tick and pop free copy?
Back in the early days I usually didn't get the surface noise till I played them a few times. That was cheaper vinyl and about 4-5 bucks.
128x128theo
Sorry Viper but I can't resist.

" best of Diana Krall" is an oxymoron if there ever was one :-))

I just bought the Analog Productions 45RPM Bill Evans How MY Heart Sings, and although it is a fantastic mastering and sound quality, there are some terribly loud ticks happening on the first play. Perhaps it will get a bit better, but i never heard these kinds of hits on any other LP.

Viper- be careful of last on LP's - I have heard of people very unhappy years later with LP's that were treated.
Last record treatment and stylus treatment is a major NO NO.

Simply keep your vinyl and stylus clean.

Nothing more is needed.
Audiofeil ... what do you recommend doing to keep the stylus clean?

Thanks, Jeff
The Magic Eraser per Doug Deacon.

Everything else is second place.

The Zerodust is a pretender.