Obscure companies making excellent speakers?

Found on the forum names of speaker manufacturers unfamiliar to me that supposedly are using new technologies or designs and as a result are making big impressions on fellow goners. Would like to see a list of these young and not so young companies that otherwise fly under the radar because advertisement just too expensive or not viable.
pedrillo
yes i'm biased because I own a pair.

Tonian Acoustics is one of the very best yet least known companys in audio land.

I would like to propose a suggestion to the off the radar small companies making speakers:
The one way audiophiles meet and share ideas and do some listening together is through the local audiophile societies dispersed throughout the country.
Maybe a program can be developed through a concerted effort between the speaker(or other manufacturers) companies and audio clubs, and distribute on loan for a fee to all the audiophile societies for a set amount of time. It can be a rotating system that goes from one a. society to another. And in a years time 12 different brands will be heard in each of these clubs.
And as a bonus, each club can descibe their experience using the equipment at hand to point out which equipment matches best with the different speakers.
What do the manufacturers think on this idea?
I purchased my speakers after hearing them in someone's house, I didn't have any intentions of buying speakers at the time.

http://www.aminaaudio.com/

Benny is awesome, he is a very good tech and his speakers are amazing, I have listened to a ton of speakers but his are so smooth and musical its very impresive....
add to that ikonoklast and mark and daniel.

the former is a very interesting design. it uses two ohm/walsh tweeters and a transmission line. supposedly it has the transparency of a quad 57 , but i don't believe it. it sells for $4000/pair.