Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Fellow Ohm'ies,

I continue to tweak my setup, largely with respect to tinkering with the placement of my 100's. I am trying to get the best balance of imaging, soundstage and tonal balance. At the same time, I'm aware that the Ohms are still breaking in.

What's bugging me is that I feel that my experimentation is random, or hit miss. I pull them out from the wall, push them back, toe them in, toe them out... it's kind of like dancing the speaker Hokey Pokey, if you get my drift... And then I lose track of what I'm doing and I'm not sure if what I heard two iterations ago is better than what I'm hearing now. At least I do have my current "best setup" marked with tape on the floor, so I can get back to that.

Another issue: I'm not sure what source material I should be listening to while I do this. Vocals? Something I'm really familiar with?

I guess what I'm asking for is help doing this systematically. How should I start? What am I listening for as I move the speaks in different ways?

Thanks in advance...
For music, I would say vocals and piano would probablay help you evaluate the sound. For positioning I'd be looking at the position where the soundstage would be the widest and deepest and yet not sacrifice too much low end, but that's just me.
I like to use the tracks "Season of the Witch" by Donovan as a reference point to get soundstage and imaging focused and bass honed in.

Other tracks on "Donovans Greatest Hits" can then also be used as tests once you tune in using that cut.
Rebbi-

I know my last post may have been rambling, but I think we're experiencing a similar thing. For me, they sound great no matter where I put them, but different locations result in different qualities.

I'm fairly comfortable with the idea of moving placement depending on source and desired result. I'm just not used to it. Any other speaker I've every had or heard needed to be in just the right location, and I had to sit in just the right spot. The Ohm's- not so much.

On the other hand, I'm not exactly an audiophile, and my knowledge is fairly limited. So, I'm open to the possibility that an 'Ohm Guru' could show me the 'right' way to place them. But that's why I went with the Ohm's in the first place- they're not sweet-spot dependent for good results.

Once I hook-up my beast of an amp, I think I'll be in a better position to dial them in. But delays in remodelling seem to keep pusing that even back further and further.

-P