Ohm Walsh Micro Talls: who's actually heard 'em?

Hi,

I'd love to hear the impressions of people who've actually spent some time with these speakers to share their sense of their plusses and minuses. Mapman here on Audiogon is a big fan, and has shared lots on them, but I'm wondering who else might be familiar with them.
rebbi
Drakef5,
Most Ohm users, if not all, (and I think it is all for those who have tried) report very positive results when giving the Ohms more power. While waiting for your Parasound, why not try an Emotiva amp? 30 day return policy...
1 watt into an Ohm is a SPL (sound Pressure Level) of about 87 dB at 1 meter. This is relatively inefficient. For example, a Klipshorn corner speaker has a SPL of 102 db- you could practically drive them with a flashlight. So double the power, dB goes up by about 3. So to go from 87 dB to 102 dB would require 32 watts in an Ohm., or 32x the power. This would be in an anechoic test chamber, without the affect of furniture, rugs, etc adsorbing the sound. And sound degrades quickly with distance, amplifiers clip at their limits, etc the power requirements are much more that the 32 watts.
Thanks for the replies guys. @petepapp i do have the parasound amp and i like it better with the amp than just the receiver.

87 db at one meter is close to the threshold of hearing damage and with the sound of the ohms being magnified by the walls and surrounding environment i think that is plenty loud.

Anyway i just learned something about this expirement ...that ohms does not require big power to sing but blossoms with more.

It is a bliss if one is satisfied with a lower powered setup since its less hole in your wallet:). But...i guess this really is a sickness that i have where i am trying to extract every once of goodness that i can get with the ohms hence expirementation and less dollar in my pocket.

For now i will enjoy what i have until i get the itch again.
I have driven my Ohms with 32 watt/ channel tube amp. Tubes will usually produce higher spl than ss at same output, but I did experience a couple of instances of amp clipping so in my experience there is a risk of equipment damage at this power level.
I've also used a 30 wpc Jolida hybrid with my MWTs and while the sound was quite nice the amp clipped more than once while listening at reasonable levels. Obviously, care needs to be taken when putting together any system but lower-powered amps with Ohms line may not be the best match. YMMV of course.