Onix A-120MKII Gets hot fast.

Hey All,

Need some advice on what to do with this integrated amp. When I turn it up and I don't mean wall shaking loud it gets very hot to touch after one CD and then the protection shuts her down. I am pushing PSB 6T's. I think have it bi-wired correctly and it doesn't do this with headphones. What's up Goners? THX
javajones
Hello,

This problem of stacking will be fixed asap. I live in SWFL so it's very warm inside because I don't mind the heat all that much. I keep the AC around 82 for me which may be too hot for a hot running amp. As far as 8 to 4 ohms there isn't much I can do with this unit. I sure appreciate all the advice folks. JJones
Let us know, but I bet you will see an improvement if you make sure the amp gets adequate ventilation. If its also got slots on the bottom, you may get some additional improvement by raising the unit up off the shelf w blocks under the feet.
Well-

There are now four inches clearance on the bottom and eight inches above the amp so we shall see if it can stay cool. Can't turn her up unless I am home when the crabby old lady across the street isn't. Not a SRV fan.
She still runs pretty hot but hasn't shut down yet. Sounds a bit better with the digital units further away from the amp. I may now keep this thing for a while longer. Thanks very much for all the help! JJones