Opinions Wanted on changing Turntable

I have one of the first generation of the Scout turntable. It's at least 10 years old. I am using it with a ZU/Denon moving coil cartridge and a Denon AU 320 SUT. My turntable also has the first generation of the JMW arm. I am thinking of buying a brand new Scout 2 fitted with and expertly set up with a Dynavector DV20XH High output moving coil.

I am definitely set on the choice of turntable and cartridge and my reason for keeping in the Scout line is because I have a very expensive Mapleshade platform that the Scout just fits on. I don't want the hassle of buying and waiting for another platform.

So, with all this being said, do you think it is an upgrade or lateral move? On the plus side, I will have a new turntable, properly set up with a cartridge I know mates well with the JMW arm and the sound which is great for my taste in music. I also like the idea of the aluminum platter and I already have the stainless clamp.

On the minus side, it's about 3,300.00 and will I be getting 3,300.00 in better sound that I have now? So, purchase or not?
128x128stereo5
I just went through listening to table/arm/cart set ups under 5k. I listened to a lot of used tables too. Well Tempered's new tables impressed in each price range. I ended up getting a Basis and am blown away by the value. In listening to used and new VPI tables, I didn't hear the same HUGE sound differences. You have to go listen. If you are spending this kind of money, I assume you have a place to listen. Will they bring the new table to your home to let you hear it? Personally, I'd just try a new cartridge and hear that difference since your table and arm are still very good.
Your lucky day, I think I've just saved you $3K. How? By daring you to try the 'U-Turn Audio' table. This direct sale unit will bring you better sound, and a very low price. Since its returnable for a full refund, there is little to lose, except your pride in discovering great sound need not cost mega bucks. So, go on line and investigate U-Turn. Hopefully you will save a ton, be able to sell your old table and be happy, ever after.
I second the Well Tempered Labs TT. I have a Amadeus Mk. 2. This turntable simply bests any other TT I have owned or listened to.FWIW, I talked to a dealer who scrapped his VPI line for Well Tempered Labs. Keep in mind this is just an opinion.
Mr. M....what an idiot your dealer is. VPI sells many more turntables (many more sales) than does Well Tempered. Why in the world would he want to give that away. He's in business to make money (probably not for long with this attitude) .......OR......he was removed by VPI from being a dealer for other reasons.
First of all, Stan, the dealer in question is not my dealer. I bought a used Well Tempered TT. A current version at that. I've listened to many VPI turntables. Nothing about them jumped out and grabbed my attention. The Well Tempered, on the other hand, did. That is a neutrality and resolution along with a dead quiet background that was amazing. The VPI couldn't match this. This was against a VPI Classic. I know you own VPI and a very big fan of theirs. That's fine by me because everyone has their opinion including myself. Your affiliation with VPI seems almost "personal" and dare I say a little biased? That's your choice. Oh by the way, Bose sells many thousands of speakers more than Vandersteen, so what's your point???