Oppo Vs Esoteric

Folks,
I would like to acknowledge the fact that I have heard the Esoteric players at AXPONA and coupe of other places. But my question is how much better is a Esoteric K-07X or K-05X compared to the Oppo UDP-205? I know that the Oppo UDP-205 is a killer machine for $1300. But it is a Jack Of All Trades, while the Esoteric is (soft of) Master Of One. So in that sense, can anyone let me know if it is really worth spending $$$$$ on the Esoteric (or a Marantz SA-10 or Luxman) compared to the Oppo?
Please share your experiences if you have compared the Oppo UDP-205 to any high end CD/SACD player.
Thanks!
128x128milpai
atacgene, I don't believe Esoteric makes a surround sound SACD player. I have had a K-03 and now have a K-01x and they are both exceptional for SACD stereo sound.

If I can summarise:

If you want to watch or listen economically, get the Oppo-205.

If you want to watch or listen well get the Oppo-205 and send it to Modwright.

or, your budget can afford a decent DAC or Streamer to your liking and buy a cheaper Oppo-105 or 205 in the classifieds if you can.

If you want to watch or listen well get the Oppo-205 and send it to Modwright.

Does Modwright do "anything" with the video? I thought their modifications were strictly audio related.

If you want to watch or listen well get the Oppo-205 and send it to Modwright.

As I thought, the modifications have nothing to do with video. Therefore, it's unclear the relevance/accuracy of the word "watch" in the aforementioned quotation. 

http://www.modwright.com/modifications/oppo-udp205-modification.php

@gdhal watch is the same activity which differentiates the Oppo to the Esoteric. The listen is the activity that is enhanced with the Modwright enhancement. I would have thought my statements were quite obvious given the main gist of the thread was audio performance.

The ability to play video is the bonus in the comparison. I would not have thought this would have to be explained at length, but it would seem some posters just want to pick an opinion to pieces for the delight of it. Most unintelligent....