Ortofon A90 or Air Tight PC-1

Has anyone compared these two cartridges? How would the A90 match with an SME V arm? I've just read so many glowing reviews in the press and on Audiogon that I'm curious about the A90. Thanks.
peterayer
Albert, you may use the straight arm wand cause the A90 has a high compliance. That should match perfectly (don`t use the S version), good luck.
Nolitan, do understand. Maybe you have the chance to hear it at another occasion. The TTs and arms you were listening to are fine. downunder is right.
Thuchan_> am always open to things! looking forward to hearing the A90 in a different occasion.
Hi Albert - performance differences - hmmm, I'll try.

The lrya and koetsu introduce their own " view' of music and does it consistently to variangly degrees. Some luv what Lyra does with its lightening leading edges and speed as well as Koetsu with their fuller more relaxed tones in direct comparison. I don't think anyone can say either is neutral.

IMO the A90 is quite unique in that it is neutral, transparent and pure sounding. It seems to replicate the overall characteristics of one's system rather than introduce its own flavour.
In my system it sounds pure, slightly warm character and posses no rising MC frequency. My system is overall has a warm character. I was hesitant in buying the A90 after the Fremer review, as to me ultra neutral always had its downside of leanness and too revealing, not the A90.

OTOH the A90 has sounded in some other systems a bit lean and thin sounding. In seems by consensus to sound different in most system but always transparent,smooth and non peaky.

IMO, the A90 is a bit of a chameleon so if it is sounding lean or rolled off (assuming correct setup) you need to look at the overall voicing of the system not the A90.

great cartridge and to me brings a new meaning of neutrality coupled with musicality.
Sometimes it is not easy to get a proper result, but here is a way which has some advantages

Final comment