Ortofon bronze PNP ALERT!!!!!

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
  This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

soundsgood05
I wasn't aware you could even remove the cartridge body from the PNP model?  I thought it was always designed to be a one piece unit.

I looked through the owner's manual and they don't mention anything about removing it for use on a standard headshell.

I currently own a 2M Red and a 2M Black and had a 2M Bronze. They are made very nicely. Well built and solid.  Never a problem with any of mine.
Let me make sure I understand.  Are you saying you bought an Orotofon cartridge second-hand from an Audiogon member and that the contact pins (one or all 4?) pulled out of the cartridge body when you tried to re-mount the cartridge?  If this is basically the case, why would you ever expect Ortofon to be responsible?  I must be missing something. Anyway, as you know, Ortofon have been in existence for many decades and like others say above, their cartridges are always well made, among the best in terms of quality of construction.  I could see Ortofon agreeing to fix the problem for a fee, but I don't see why they should fix it for free; if they won't touch it, probably Sound Smith will help. Where you may have a beef is Orto not wanting to service it at any cost, if that's the case.  I understand that they have taken such a stance with some other products, e.g., A90 re-tips.