Ortofon bronze PNP ALERT!!!!!

I purchased a PNP Bronze from a member who said it was less than two months old.
Its the one with the integrated headshell for SME mount or can be used without headshell on a Rega type arm.
Well,I undid the screws and was pulling off the tags,<I've been in Analog since mid seventies and own about 20
cartridges>Anyway the pins coming out of the cartridge body pulled right out.
  This has never happened even on my cheapest junk cartridge.
The seller had a reciept from Turntable Needles and Ortofon said they are not authorized dealer.
They also said it was clearly a manufacturing issue and should have not happened.

Meanwhile,they say I should go after seller for a refund.Well its not the sellers fault and I won't do that.
Neither is it mine,I've removed headshell wires hundreds of times and know what I'm doing.

What amazes me is how PETTY and Crappy a well known respected long time company can be.
ITs amazing that a company like Bryston can offer warranty work to the tenth owner in the 19th year and these
people won't even stand behind a obvious Quality Control DEFECT
Just a word of caution to Ortofon customers,think twice.
Steve

soundsgood05
It amazes me  how some people made it through high school much less college.Third or fourth,
well if you figure first hand was the manufacturer,second the distributor,third the retailer,then fourth the purchaser,then yes I'm the first hand person.
Maybe I should never buy anything online secondhand even if its next to new.
How many times has anyone of us bought something from Amazon and really didn't know the selling party was not an authorized dealer.
I can only surmise my entire system is grey goods,my Treshold amp purchased from an unlicensed owner,my BAT preamp again purchased from the same.
People,your missing the point.The item had headshell pins practically fall out and the manu. tells me to pound sand.
I'm gonna drop a few names here,
i bought Bob Grahams original tonearm he designed with McIntosh,the Excalibur.He was very helpful and courteous and truly a gentlemen.although others have said contrary.Then theres Mike Elliot of Counterpoint who responds to questions and issues,then theres Victor of BAT,who replies with a email almost as soon as he gets it.Or Klaus of Odyssey who will talk
your ear off.People like this I hold in high regard,they get IT!!!They CARE!!!,
not the corporate NONENTITIES,that thier idea of customer service is
dispatching you with HASTE
This unfortunately happened to me too with a Ortofon 2M Black a while back, one of the connection pins pulled right out of the body when removing the leads.  I agree that this should not happen - the pins clearly should have some retaining feature machined/pressed into them before they are cast or pushed into the plastic body.  When installing or removing the 2M series I'm extra super careful.

Good Listening

Peter
To the OP, you knowingly purchased a used product originally sourced from a non-authorized dealer and then tried to modify/dismantle the product in a way the manufacturer did not intend.  Yet, you still want someone else to cover for you.  Take some responsibility for your actions.
Soundsgood05,

Good for you!  I'm glad they worked with you on your cartridge. It's good business on their part. 

I buy most audio components used and have had very, very few issues. When I purchased new I haven't considered the 'authorized dealer' issue, but I will going forward!

Gary