Ortofon tonearms ,Static and Dynamic - Difference?

I see there are 4 new Ortofon tonearms.

Static tone arms: AS-212-S and AS-309-S
Dynamic tone arms: RS-212-D and RS-309-D

http://www.merrillaudio.com/tonearmscarts.html

What are the differences sonically and in general use of the Static and Dynamic versions of each??
downunder
Sorry, I have realised there has been is a mispelling and it is just the other way around: dynamic for SPU and static for the rest
I have been told by a dealer who has heard and used both that there is no difference sonically. Can't confirm myself because i have not heard the dynamic version but that is what I was told. Hope this helps.

Bryan
I just put a 309D on My TW accustic Raven one, on the designers recommendation, he uses one on his. I am very pleased, admittedly, changing from a Jelco Vivid, it should be much better. It is more than a small step up in quality, particularly dynamics, it sounds like the volume has been increased, but also imaging, sounstage depth, a big improvement. The TW designer thinks on that deck, the Ortofon is only a few % points behind the Grahams, Schroeders etc. Before anyone gets upset by that comment, it's Thomas's, not mine. In general though, it is well made and very good value
To Agondgd,
Was interesting to read your remark as to
"static Ortofons are intented for the heavy SPU range of cartridges and Dynamic for a wider group of brands and models."
Then you stated it is vice versa. What interests me - I spoke with LDorio@ortofon today and he indicated exactly what you said initially - static for SPU and Dynamic for the rest.
Do you still think Dynamic has more narrow field of applications so to speak?
Thank you