Paradigm vs. Boston Acoutics

I am considering a Paradigm Studio 80 or Boston Acoustics VR-M 80

Another option is Paradigm Monitor 11 or Bostom Acoustics VR975

Which system is better and which brand of speaker is better? Your expert opinions please.
tyroneco3f8f
If it has to be one of these two companies, I second Paradigm as the clear winner. A friend of mine has some Bostons that cost a few hundred that sound really bad. As a matter of fact, I am convincing him to get some Studio 40s instead. The Paradigm Studio speakers are absolutely fantastic to my ears, even when compared to speakers twice (or more) their price. The 80s and 100.2s are the most remarkable. Good luck - Arthur
The only reason I didn't get 40's is because the price of speaker stands would push the price to the point where I might as well get floorstanders. That coupled with the fact that I have 6 cats who like to jump on furniture (ie: speakers) which dictates heavy speakers.

Thanks for the suggestions. Paradigm 60 is also a 2-1/2 way speaker right? I measured the room incorrectly, it is 16 x 20 ft but I don’t think it will make a big difference. May I know what system you guys use to power your speakers. Right now I am thinking of getting either a Denon 4802 AVR, temporarily use it as my main amp and later on get an affordable amp to power the front speakers OR get a Rotel processor and amp.

What other speakers are there in the Paradigm 80 price range so that I can audition them too : )

BTW - are the Boston VR765 two way or three way speakers. They are advertising that you dont need a separate sub if you get em.
As far as affordability goes, I would do exactly what you are planning (I did the same thing as well).

I originally had an Onkyo/Integra reciever. I then went to a B&K Ref 20 pre/pro and a NAD 5 channel amp. And most recently I obtained a VERY nice Odyssey Stratos 2 channel amp for the mains and now use the NAD amp to power my center and rears. This setup works killer. My stereo music is now the best I've heard and the movies are even better than ever.

No matter what, I would get a sub if I were you. I don't know of many main speakers that can go below 20hz. It also takes a big load off of your amp and speakers if you get a powered sub for the LFE signal.