Paul Speltz speaker cables

Hi,
Does anyone have experience with Speltz's speaker cables. He seems to claim they are better than coventional cables at a fraction of the cost. I understand his cables are solid rather than stranded. Is it too good to be true, that he is better than the high priced stuff.
Thanks Bob
rbtwsp55
I use a threshold amp + Maggies and have tried both ways, spaced apart 2" and twisted about 3 turns per ft. I find the twisted to sound better in my system, better vocals with nicer highs, soundstage seems little more open. But it was a week when I was playing around with a few things so take that for what it is worth. A friend did a double run of twisted ( not bi-wire) and gained a nicer bottom end with a very very slight loss of highs.
Jeremy, did you twist the pairs yourself or buy them twisted?

A couple of months ago, I bumped against one of my Speltz pairs and it rubbed up against the chassis of my amp and shorted. Got a little poof and a smear of white on the cable jacket. No harm, nothing damaged, but it worried me. The cable insulation is very minimal.
I have had almost everything immaginable as interconnects and speaker cable - including multi-thousand dollar silver stuff from a variety of manufacturers. My system is all top of the line Ayre Universal, preamp, and amp, and I bi-wire to Vandersteen 5A's. I find that the best wire was Audioquest silver, and Anti-Cables. I found it hard to tell the difference - they were both great. I use Anti-Cables because of the cost, both interconnects (balanced) and speaker cable
I found that Anti-Cables actually sound best with at least a couple of hundred hours on them.
I found that Anti-Cables actually sound best with at least a couple of hundred hours on them.