Peak Consult Dragon. Anyone???????

Hi all,

I was curious if someone has ever listened to the Peak Consult Dragon speaker. Believe the driver they use are from Audio Technology and are similar to the Rockport drivers.
Was curious if anyone that has experience with them can share how they sound and if they are a bit similar to another brand?

Are they as good and is the price justified?

Appreciate your feedback.
maxx1973
Incidentally, my friend who has the Peak Consults previously had the Rockports and yes.........there is a definite similarity in sound presentation. One that as Mapman describes, seems unlike the majority of other speakers and not to my tastes.
Hi'

I'm a very happy Peak Consult owner.

I have not heard the Dragon model, but both Typhoeus and the brand new Kepheus, both from the Serenity series as the Dragon. Obviously, the connected equipment has to match the speakers, and a Peak Consult speaker deserves the best. A speaker in the Serenity series deserves, in my opinion, a fast amplifier and then the speaker will perform with an incredibly good sound! I have heard from several persons, that the perfect amplifier to the Dragon model is a KR Kronzilla or Vitus SM-101.

Speakers in the Serenity series, can also be ordered in a special Momentum version, and that include better drivers and crossover.
Big speaker? The name's not as flash but the new Dynaudio Consequence is one incredible listen, taking out the Rig of the Show at the Warsaw Hi-Fi Show early November 2009 for my ears. If you are in the market for such a big speaker these Dynaudios need to be listened to. They strike as unusual in appearance initially, what would they be, a 6-way crossover?, but they certainly achieved a very (very) high standard sound. Very impressive. I have liked the former-style Peak Consult Incognito when they were stand-mounted monitors. They were a very good speaker. If I wasn't looking for a full-range pair at the time I would have taken them, but no more stands for Davey!