Please help me chose a tube preamp

I have an opportunity to buy an  Aesthetix Calypso Line Stage amp, I need to know what you all think of it, please.
I do not want to buy something based on reviews of high end audio publications, for I do not want to make the same mistake when I bought Totem model one, Triangle Titus, Audio Research LS3B. All  of these  were a major disappointment for me. 

There is a VTL TL 2.5 available as well, for less then half the price tag of Aesthetix.
I have a Levinson 431 power amp that  will be paired with the selected preamp.

Anyone have any experiences with this Aesthetix and VTL?

Cheers

audiomaster
VTL makes good equipment that sounds good. I’ve had a VTL 7.5 (first version) since shortly after it was issued and have had no problems. However, I would add that dealing with the company directly leaves something to be desired.
All i can say is the the PS Audio BHK preamp transformed my system.   i had been running directly from the PS DSD DAC to the BHK amp,  but the preamp really improved every aspect of the sound.  very reliable and great functionality and PS has great customer service.  I am not in the audio biz so this is not written with any ulterior motive.
I use the Dehavilland Ultraverve 3 remote pre and am very happy with it. It has a very big sound and is extremely quiet. I have owned several tube pres and I have never owned one that is quiet until I bought the dehavilland. 
You can get a new one built for $2500 or used for around $1800 or so. I see there is one listed on Audiogon now. 
NO It’s not mine. Mines not for sale !!!

Good Luck

GIRI, WHAT PREAMP DID YOU REPLACE WITH THE SLP-05

I ALSO JUST ORDER  THE SLP-05 WITH UPGRADE (ultimate)

I had a arc ls27 hope i did the right change