Please recommend a high-powered SS amp

I'm on the lookout for a SS power amp that goes for $1000 or less (used) and puts out, say, 600W RMS into 8 ohms. Am I being unrealistic or do they exist?
khwarezm
khawarezm,

Check out finite elemente[from Germany]/harmonix tuning feet [from Japan] to see further insights on the wonder of resonance control of your speaker cabinets/equipments.

I suggest you get these first.I often wonder why people don't use them;the effects to me are more than changing power cords and interconnects.

It is funny to see than most people ,even at entry level ,would not use the stock power cord for their electronics.Yet,when it comes to speakers,even the most seasoned audiophiles would carry on listening to their speakers with the stock feet/spikes/platforms.Amazing!!!!

I suggest you try the Finite elemente cerapucs,since your sp are quite light.Do not upgrade your amp yet,try this first,you would be surprised at how good your speakers really are,and how much money you have wasted in the past on unnecessary upgrades....Don't forget to buy me dinner though..
Check out this pro audio line. For the money they sound embarrassingly good.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1877&brandID=2

Vic
Fafafion,
I recently tried harmonix spike bases 999 and the result is astounishing on my speakers + sub, more extended and controlled bass, more tonal details and soundstage and sweet highs
I am interested by your experience of these products and of finite elements which I did not try: how does it compare with the combak harmonix?