power for mc452 and c2600

I'm relatively new to high end audio. Had a mcintosh integrated amp for few years and now decided to upgrade to separates. Just received c2600 preamp and awaiting on mc452 amp due to arrive sometime next week. 

I don't know anything about power conditioners and protection devices. currently using monster surge protector. My questions: 

1. what is the minimum protection device that one would use for my equipment
2. does it have to be a power conditioner or just surge protection
3. how much do these "power conditioners" contribute to the overall performance? Can you objectively measure their effect? Can they worsen the performance in any way by limiting power? 
4. is there a real difference in relatively affordable (200-500) vs. higher price units (1000 and above) ? 
5. What are you using and what is your experience with it? 
6. Your recommendation on units with good reputation under $500

thank you 
ei001h
^^^Power products that use choke devices also choke the current. IMO, proper modern designs do not use chokes but other superior technologies for surge protection/power "conditioning" and therefore do not restrict current, especially important with amps. These products cost FAR more than $5-700 when capable of providing unrestricted current to high-draw and/or multiple components downstream. Short of that, better off with nothing but a dedicated 20a line from breaker box to receptacle. Short of that, buy a good power cord.

Dave
I would not plug your high power/high current amp into any power conditioner. They limit current draw except for some high-end, expensive conditioners.
Use a power strip with EMI/RFI protection. I use a Furman for my high power amp and conditioners for low current upstream components.
The Furman surge protector has never failed during power outages and spikes, the breaker has always tripped. It is used by pro musicians on stage.

https://www.amazon.com/Furman-SS6B-Plug-Surge-Protector/dp/B0002D017M

Using McIntosh MC352 amplifier + C2300 preamplifier (similar to your gear), I tried several things in this order.  Each step improved the sound, in my opinion:

1. Richard Gray 400 power conditioner.
2. Dedicated 20 amp lines (2) + PS Audio outlets.
3. PS Audio P10 power regenerator (replacing the Richard Gray 400).

*Note: all gear now plugged into the P10, including the MC352 amplifier.
**Note: Biggest improvement came with dedicated 20 amp lines, which removed system noise (via phono).
Lowrider57 or anyone knowledgeable on this topic:

do you think that one of the cheaper surge protectors/conditioners listed below would be worse than using a furman power strip ss6b?  

I understand I won't get good power conditioning from these, but will they take away from current/sound quality? Will these provide at least the same protection as the furman strip?  Does anyone know for sure or is this speculation? 

isotek evo3 polaris

Shunyata VENOM PS8

Furutech E-TP80

ps audio dectet