Pre Amp or Amp Best Money Spent

Hello, putting together my first system around a pair of non sig. Vandy 2ce's late serial numbers. I am looking at Rogue tube pre/amps. I am wondering if I should spend the money on M-120's with an entry Rogue preamp or go for the Rogue 90 with Rogue 99 pre? Obviously there are tradeoffs but where is the long term benefits. I will be buying used. Thanks Dean
128x128pubbrewer
As mentioned in my previous post, I think you may be spending money disproportionately. The pre-Signature Vandersteen speakers are quite dated sounding compared with the newer versions. The Signatures and MkII's are much more open, alive in the highs, and transparent by comparison. I think you are going to always be limited by the older speakers to some extent.

That said, the Rogue amps sound nice with Vandersteen speakers. I can't comment on the others because I have no direct listening experience with those combinations.
Thanks guys. The info you provide regarding matching loads is the most direct. I will have to ask Richard becuase I simply can't decipher all that info, but you all do seem to be correct. Well the older Vandy's were a gift and just before the Sig models and we all gotta start somewhere, right? I will ask about the McCormack and Mac with Richard and let you know how it flows. Very helpfull!
Richard also likes Rotel with the 2Ces. See what he thinks. You get a lot of power for the money with Rotel, but Richard is the go to guy.
Post removed