Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hello,

Thanks for the recommendations,

A friend emailed me a couple of days ago and recommended a Mullard GZ34 as a rectifier.
I have one on its way to me now.

I will certainly look out for the tubes you have recommended.

Roy
+

Amadarae?...SHHHHHUT UUUUUUUP!!!!!! (lol)
Actually, I don't get your over commenting on my simple response of "don't understand the enthusiasm"(like, what, 1200 plus responses!?!)! Actually, if anything, I thought my response would help wake up audioenthusiest to the idea that more of the secret to great sound lies in the speakers, not the preamp...which is the truth, for certain.
And yes, the preamp is VERY IMPORTANT...just not near so as the speakers, 'case anyone is wondering.
Basically I'm just amazed at, yes, how many people are crazy about their preamp's, and how few are really struck with THEIR SPEAKERS!!!!
I mean, there's nothing wrong with commenting on anything. But it seems if you put a thread entitled "speaker deal of the century", you'd get like maybe a hundred or two responses!!!! Doesn't that stike anyone as weird?
Again, this strikes me as strange because SEASONED AUDIPHILE EXPERTS have been writing for years that the SPEAKERS are the most important part of the electronics chain. Yet people like their other gear most! (which reinforces why so many people start threads like..."I got the Denon 3805 finally, NOW WHAT SPEAKERS DO i CHOSE???!!!!)
It's just no wonder to me that people's systems sound the way they do so often!!!
Once I was at a local hifi club/get-together, and the guy running the deal was a small custom audio video dealer. He had his big setup in the main room running this very very good quality electronics on some Focal speakers that were sipmly "mediocre" at best. Everyone kept commenting that his speakers where really holding his system back. Same holds true for most posting here, I garantee it!
No big deal, just another perspective on this obiously exhausted thread.
But it's all good...don't get me wrong.
Still, I bet you my response is a bagillion times more informative and thought provoking than yours!!!!! Thanks for your thoughts dude.
Amandarae: Nice try! Chiding a toddler's disruptive behavior without consequences, begets more of the same. The emotional age of some is unknown, so simple chiding is impossible, and results in more of the same. Why? Because they can!
Yep, speakers are the most important component! I just can't understand why my Pioneer Receiver ain't making my Soundlab's sing.
An "S" word might be the most important component of a rig, but it's not speaker -- try synergy.
Every parade is subject to rain; however, a drop or two doesn't require an umbrella. The over all tone of this thread has been more than positive, with nary more than a couple of drops.
May the never ending thread continue unabated ..
What I'm looking for is a Supratek preamp WITH REMOTE. Does NOT need phono (i'm not into vinyl, please don't attack me for that comment...).

So, preferably a Chardonnay or something. Hopefully with the Stainless Steel finish. Also like the piano black base with SS finish.

I am looking to spend no more than $2,000 USD shipped to my door in suburbs of Chicago.

If anyone has any leads/suggestions, feel free to email me: gajazi(at)shorr.com

Great thread, gang...

-George Ajazi