Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Depending on your system, you might prefer passive preamps versus active. It's never been the case for me though. I've always enjoyed a good pre (such as the Supratek) between my source and CDP. FWIW, I use SETs for the most part.

Tbg, nice effort to knock the product line. But I'm sure you'll tell me that wasn't your intention.
Oops I meant "source and amp," not "source and CDP" (which obviously makes no sense).
I saw the thread on the used Merlots. Seemed that the buyer's problem and comments should have been directed towards the seller. Instead the 2nd-hand buyer seemed intent on trying to get a freebie from the builder. I've got 2 Supratek preamps and I'm not able to relate any issues with build quality.
Jazzdude, I don't think we know the real story in this case. I think, however, that we cannot say much about the buyer except that he did not get what he expected. I certainly never saw wiring such as shown in the pictures within my Syrah.