Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I saw the thread on the used Merlots. Seemed that the buyer's problem and comments should have been directed towards the seller. Instead the 2nd-hand buyer seemed intent on trying to get a freebie from the builder. I've got 2 Supratek preamps and I'm not able to relate any issues with build quality.
Jazzdude, I don't think we know the real story in this case. I think, however, that we cannot say much about the buyer except that he did not get what he expected. I certainly never saw wiring such as shown in the pictures within my Syrah.
Whether or not Mick chooses to comment on this incident publicly, there's a lot more going on here than the second buyer knows, according to a reliable source.
I have read comments before about the "hanging tube" found in Merlot monoblocks. I suspect the photos are of a Supratek developed and factory executed design.

If you look inside a new Supratek preamp, it is much cleaner looking because there is less going on inside the small chassis - but still it is not clean enough.

A few posts above, I commented that Suprateks would be better with some "minor" changes. This is exactly the kind of thing that I was referring to and why I chuckled when it was suggested that better speakers will allow us to hear more of the Supratek.