Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi Colin. When used for regulation duty [rather than used as an output tube] the 350b, 6f6g or any of the other tube choices should last longer than you will! That said: the rectifier will have a far greater influence on the sound of the amplifier regardless of ones choice of regulation tubes. Considering the cost of admission for a pair of strong testing 350b's, one would be miles ahead investing in the metal based version of the GZ-34. Yes, they are rather expensive....but far and away the best sounding full wave rectifier on the planet.
Many thanks for the tip, David. I'll be on the lookout for the metal-based GZ34 then.
ASA:
Very good to see you back! Where the heck have you been?

Hear anything revelatory lately in the tubed amp genre that you'd care to share with us?
Does any one listened wytech preamplifires( opal or jade) or melody 1688 preamplifier, and compared with supratek preamplifires? I need to buy one preamplifier , but where I live is impossible to listen any one of these preamplifiers.
Thanks