Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
I just received my SRA iso bases for my Cortese and it's power supply. I will post my findings in a few days, but what little listening I have done indicate to me that these are some of the best isolation devices you will ever find!
Houstonreef,
With out a doubt the best system I found was to use Symposium Rollerblocks under both the power supply and the pre-amp boxes.
You can find used Rollerblocks quite often on Audiogon. Make sure that you get a set with Tungsten Carbide Balls (not Chromium). Having them Cryoed takes them to another level.
Rgds,
Larry
Slowhand,
Congratulations on getting the SRA's I am sure you will continue to be pleased. Do try to get one set of used Rollerblocks to try in concert with the SRA's.
I am guessing you would end up paying between $ 250.00 - 275.00 If you do get one, please let us know how it does for you.
Rgds,
Larry
Got my Sauvignon Monday.

Stone stock and brand-new, I'd say it was "30%" or so better than the EE MiniMax it replaced, with main benefits being more air and wider soundstage (this says a hell of a lot for the MM).

Going to a Mullard 5AR4 and Sovtek KT66 regs took it up a level right away!

I have two sets of NOS 6SN7s - one being a $300 set of Popes from Upscale Audio - to try after I let the EH show what they can do for 100 hours or so.

Don't really need to add anything else - build quality is astounding (BIGGER than it looks in pics) and it sure is gorgeous (stainless/sheoak).

This is one piece of gear I think I'll never sell.
Has anyone ever hear a hum emanating from the power supply after extended play time. Sounds like a transformer hum. Not a ground fault problem...nothing from the speakers, just from power supply.