Preamp Deal of the Century

If anyone is looking for a true "World Class" preamp at a very fair price..heed my advice. I just recieved a Supratek Syrah preamp that was hand built by Mick Maloney in Western Australia, and it is absolutely beautiful! This preamp is the best deal you will ever find. I would put it up against any preamp out there for both looks and sound. Price? $2500 for the Syrah (includes Killer Phono stage). Not into phono? Try the Chardonney line stage for $2100. Don't get me wrong, I am not associated with this company. I am just a very happy owner! This preamp is VERY dynamic, yet liquid. It conveys the sound of music better than any other preamp that I have ever heard! You can check out the Supratek website at www. cantech.net.au
slowhand
Hi, I've used the Cortese & Grange preamps with Nuforce; Bel Canto; eAR; Panasonic and ICE based digital amps. Sounds good with all of them. Valves bring a certain dimension, body and lushness to the party that helps the slightly cool-neutral sound of digital amps.

Regards,

Steve
There is an excellent new review of the Sauvignon in Australian Hi Fi November/December edition.

Edgar Kramer is the reviewer and his review is spot on in my estimate.This bloke really knows how to listen.

Nice to see that they measure very well too.

Mr Kramer ends up buying the Sauvignon to use as his new reference.
Hi Seadogs1, I have a Spectron Musician III paired with a Sauvignon with V-caps and it is a match made in heaven. I have the non SE version but, I'm sending the unit to John for the SE upgrade. I'll post my impressions when I get it back. The combo sounds so nice now, I'll be surpised if it sounds alot better.
Does anyone have a second source for the 101D tubes used in the Cabernet Dual and Single?