Preamp Noise with High-Efficiency Speakers

I have Avantgarde Duo Classic Speakers, I hear a very audible buzzing noise whenever I insert an analog preamp. If I run my DAC (AMR DP-777) directly into power amp, the noise disappears. I have tried 4 different preamps (tube and SS), 3 different amps, a bunch of RCA and XLR interconnects, the problem persists. I have tried dedicated power line and two power conditioners (with Multi-wave options) and various high-quality power cords, so far nothing works, and I am forced to run DAC-direct into power amp. The buzz is not very loud but certainly audible enough to be annoying. There's no noise running the same equipment and power source into regular speakers, I am pretty sure it's just the Avantgarde (104dB sensitivity). Please share your solution if you have had similar situations. Thanks!
yingtonggao
My whole argument is for the OP to go direct with his DP777 dac and use the inbuilt passive in it.

And yes if you want to drive 30ft of interconnect an active is the way to go.

My comments on voodoo are just that some believe that an active preamp can actually add real musical information that the source isn't providing, this shatters me that some can believe this.

Cheers George
George, no need to be shattered. The source you use or anyone uses is not perfect so fidelity to the source is not the goal. The end result of the music out of the speaker is.

An isolation transformer can and has in my experience removed ground related noise that no other method would. Sometimes this happens with certain gear - that is this unwanted noise. I had a noise issue that I could not get rid of until I used an isolation transformer.

He has tried all that and more.

Quote from the OP:
whenever I insert an analog preamp. If I run my DAC (AMR DP-777) directly into power amp, the noise disappears. I have tried 4 different preamps (tube and SS), 3 different amps, a bunch of RCA and XLR interconnects, the problem persists. I have tried dedicated power line and two power conditioners (with Multi-wave options) and various high-quality power cords, so far nothing works, and I am forced to run DAC-direct into power amp.

Cheers George
He has way too much system gain, and with speakers that are 104db! He shouldn't have to use an isolation transformer if that would work at all with the problem he has.

Cheers George